MyDoc Urgent Care

(718) 401-1510


Gallstones are the pieces of solid material that produce in a small organ under your liver, gallbladder. If you have them, then you are currently suffering from cholelithiasis: gallbladder stores and releases bile, a liquid form in the liver to aid in digestion. Bile also carries wastes such as bilirubin and cholesterol; your body produces when it breaks down red blood cells. These things can produce gallstones that can block the bile duct. It leads to severe pain that requires treatment right away.

Our myDoc Urgent Care Business can be incredibly significant in treating gallstones. You can contact us at any time because we offer urgent services to anyone who asks for our help.

Causes of Gallstones

Cholesterol makes 80 percent of gallstones, while the remaining 20 % is produced by bilirubin and calcium salt. There are following leading cause of formation of these stones in your system;

  1. High Amount of cholesterol in the bile

Having too much cholesterol in bile can cause yellow cholesterol stones. These hard stones may grow if the live forms cholesterol than your bile can dissolve.

  1. Concentrated Bile Due to a Full Gallbladder

Your gallbladder requires emptying its bile to be healthy and function adequately. If it fails to do so and cannot leave the bile content, it becomes overly concentrated, leading to stones to form. 

  1. High Amount of bilirubin in the bile

Bilirubin is a chemical formed when your liver damages old red blood cells. Some conditions like liver damage and different blood problems cause the liver to make more bilirubin than it should. Pigment gallstones produce when the gallbladder cannot breakdown the excess bilirubin. These hard stones are ordinarily black or dark brown.

Symptoms of Gallstones

Gallstones may lead to no sign or symptoms. They produce when there is too much cholesterol in the bile. If a gallbladder advances in a bile duct and causes a blockage the resultant symptoms may have;

  • Pain in the right shoulder
  • Abrupt and intensifying pain in the upper right area of your abdomen
  • Sudden and uncontrollable pain in the center of the stomach, just below the breastbone
  • Back pain between shoulder blades

Complications & Risks

When a gallstone blocks your bile duct, it can lead to inflammation and a severe infection called acute cholecystitis. It is undoubtedly a medical emergency, and the risk of developing it is about 1 to 3 %. 

Symptoms linked with acute cholecystitis involve;

  • Severe pain in the upper stomach or mid-right back 
  • Chills
  • Fever
  • Appetite loss
  • Vomiting and nausea 

Other complication may contain;

  • Cholecystitis, a gallbladder infection
  • Pancreas infection
  • Sepsis, a blood disease 
  • Cholangitis, a bile duct disease 
  • Jaundice, a yellowish tint to the eyes or skin

Treatment of Gallstones

You don’t need a treatment of gallstones unless they cause pain. A drainage tube may place into the gallbladder through the skin if you are at high risk for surgery. Your surgery may be delayed until the threat is decreased by treating your other medical conditions.

  • Natural Treatment

You can take some nutritional dietary supplements to comprise of iron, vitamin C, and lecithin. They can minimize the risk of gallstones. You can consult your doctor if you can consume these supplements; if he allows you, you can take them. 

  • Surgery 

The doctor may have to perform a laparoscopic gallbladder removal that is general surgery. It needs general anesthesia. The surgeon will typically take 3 to 4 incisions in the abdomen. Then, they will insert a small device into one of the incisions and carefully remove the gallbladder. 

You may feel loose stools after gallbladder removal. Removing it includes rerouting the bile from the liver to the small intestine. Bile will no longer go through the gallbladder, and it will become less concentrated.

How You Can Contact Us

You can contact myDoc Urgent Care if you want a treatment of this disease.

Following are the details that you may require to contact us;

Business Name: myDoc Urgent Care

Address: 116-20 Queens Blvd, Forest Hills, NY 11375

Contact No: (718) 401-1510

Visit us at one of our convenient locations in forest hills, East meadow, Bronx, Brooklyn, Jackson height and little neck.


Call Now Button